Sunken Pyramids of Wisconsin's Rock Lake

Since the early 1830s, when the first pioneers arrived in the southern part of Wisconsin between -what is now- Milwaukee and the capital at Madison, the native Winnebago or Ho Chunk residents told of a “sunken village of rock tepees” under the Rock Lake. Their tradition was dismissed as mere Indian fable until two duck hunters peered over the side of their boat during a water-clarifying drought at the turn of the 20th century. They beheld a huge pyramidal building sitting dark and massively in the depths of Rock Lake. Since then, declining sub-surface visibility, abetted by pollution, has veiled the sunken structure in controversy.

On April 11, 1936, Dr. Fayette Morgan, a town dentist and early civilian pilot in Wisconsin, was the first person to see Rock Lake from the vantage-point of altitude. From the open cockpit of his spindly bi-plane circling at 500 feet, he spied the black forms of two rectangular buildings on the bottom of the lake near its center. He executed several passes, and saw clearly their uniform dimensions and prodigious size, which he estimated at more than 100 feet each. Landing to refuel, Dr. Morgan dashed home for his camera, then took off at once to capture the sunken objects on film. By the time he returned over the lake, its underwater monuments had vanished in the late afternoon light.

Subsequent and repeated flights to photograph or even rediscover them from the air failed until 1940, when a local pilot, Armand Vandre, and his rear cockpit observer, Elmer Wollin, spotted them again. But as their single engine airplane banked over the south end of the lake at less than a thousand feet, they were awestruck by an entirely new sight. Below them, under less than twenty feet of water, lay a titanic, perfectly centered triangular formation pointing due north. A pair of black circles was side-by-side near its apex.

Mysterious triangle at the bottom of Wisconsin’s Rock Lake

Beneath the surface of Rock Lake lie at least ten structures. Two of these have been mapped and photographed by skin divers and sonar. Structure no.1, which has been dubbed the Limnatis Pyramid, has a base width of 60 feet, a length of about 100 feet, and a height of 18 feet, although only about 10 feet protrude from the silt and mud. It is a truncated pyramid, built largely out of round, black stones. On the truncated top, the stones are squarish. The remains of a plaster coating can be discerned.

Vandre and Wollin estimated the length of each side of the delta’s equal sides at 300 feet. Northeast of the triangle was the configuration of a small, narrow sunken island, perhaps 1,500 feet long and 400 feet across. More surprising was a straight line that led from the southeastern shore under water toward the apex of the sunken delta.

When Frank Joseph discussed the sighting with Lloyd Hornbostel, a local geologist, he suggested the line was the remains of an extensive stone canal that connected Rock Lake with Aztalan, three miles away.

Aztalan is today a 21-acre archaeological park featuring a stockaded wall partially enclosing two earthen temple mounds known as the Pyramids of the Sun and Moon. During its florescence in the late 13th century, the ceremonial center was twice as large. Then it comprised three concentric walls abutted with watch-towers surrounding a trio of pyramidal earthworks surmounted by wooden shrines.

In its final stage, beginning around 1100 A.D., Aztalan belonged to the Upper Mississippian Culture that flourished throughout the American Midwest, into the South, although carbondating tests revealed its earliest known origins in the 3rd century B.C. Its population maxed out at an estimated 20,000 residents, who lived on both sides of the walls. They were led by astronomer-priests, who precisely oriented their pyramids for the computation of numerous celestial phenomena, including the winter solstice, phases of the moon, and positions of Venus.

Around A.D. 1320, the Aztalaners inexplicably set fire to their city, abandoning its flame-engulfed walls. According to surviving Winnebago oral tradition, they fled far to the south. Interestingly, their migration coincided with the sudden rise of the Aztec state in the Valley of Mexico.

"The discovery of underwater structures there may foreshadow a far greater one to come, when we at last turn our investigation into the sea, and probe its depths for the lost fountainhead of earthly civilization—Atlantis. Rock Lake is notable for the sunken stone structures it contains—pyramidal burial mounds of men who worked the copper mines of Michigan’s Upper Peninsula from 3000 B.C. to 1200 B.C. The mines were probably excavated and operated by engineers from Atlantis, so at least some of the underwater tombs  contain the remains of Atlantean workers", said Frank Joseph.

Atlantis Rising Magazine Vol. 25: "Rock Lake Unveils Its Secret - Fly over Makes New Underwater Discoveries" by Frank Joseph;
The Atlantis Encyclopedia by Frank Joseph;

Pic Source:
Atlantis Rising Magazine Vol. 25 page 34
13:51 | 0 komentar

The Curse of Dudleytown

Dudleytown is a ghost town which located in northwestern Connecticut within the town of Cornwall. Many unexplained events, mysterious disappearances and ghost sightings reported in this small town. According to local legend, the founders of Dudleytown were descended from Edmund Dudley, an English nobleman who was beheaded for treason during the reign of Henry VII. From that moment on, the Dudley family was placed under a curse, which followed them across the Atlantic to America.

The name of Dudleytown was given at an unknown date to a portion of Cornwall that included several members of the Dudley family. All Dudleys can trace their heritage back to a Saxon named Dudd, who was titled Duke of Mercia and died in 725 A.D. It was Dudd’s land that would eventually become the site of the Dudley castle.

An old English word for land was “leigh,” so the area was called Dudd’s leigh. Many centuries later, when the taking of a surname became necessary, some people took a name based on their occupation (such as Smith or Baker) and others took their surname based on the land they came from, i.e., Dudley.

The area that became known as Dudleytown was settled in the early 1740s by Thomas Griffis, followed by Gideon Dudley and, by 1753, Barzillai Dudley and Abiel Dudley; Martin Dudley joined them a few years later. Other families also settled there.

The story about the curse has been traced to an English nobleman, ancestor of the Dudley brothers who settled the town. Back in England, old Edmund Dudley got his head chopped off for plotting against King Henry VII. Someone or something put a curse on Edmund that followed his family to the New World and took root in Dudleytown.

In what is often cited as the first manifestation of the curse, one of the Dudley brothers went insane. Other strange incidents: At a barn raising, a man fell to his death. Lightning struck and killed a Dudleytown woman, right on her porch.

Several residents of Dudleytown are also said to have gone insane, and two local women, Mrs. Greeley, better known as Mary Cheney and Harriet Clarke, is said to have hanged herself in Dudleytown in 1872, the latter having reported visions of demons prior to her death.

Following the Civil War, Dudleytown slowly became a ghost town. Residents of the town left for better places where they had access to more things. However, John Brophy decided to keep his family there, even though everyone else had left. These would prove to be a fatal mistake.

Brophy saw his entire life change within just a few short months. His wife died, and immediately after the funeral, his only two children walked into the woods and seemingly disappeared. His house then caught fire mysteriously and Brophy finally disappeared himself.

Following the last resident's death, Dr. Clarke purchased a large plot of land in the area and officially became the owner of Dudleytown, or at least what was left of Dudleytown. Legend claims that the man left his wife there for a few days, and returned to find her completely insane. After screaming about the creatures in the woods, she killed herself in their house.

A few years later the man remarried, and built a new house for his bride. Together with a group of their friends, the couple formed the Dark Entry Forest Association. With trees and forests being destroyed across the country, they hoped to preserve the land here. Clarke and his second wife died during the 1940's, but their descendants still live nearby.

Rev. Gary P. Dudley, a Texas resident and the author of The Legend of Dudleytown: Solving Legends through Genealogical and Historical Research (Heritage Books, 2001), disputes these accounts of the troubled town.

In tracing the genealogy of his name, he found virtually no historical basis for Dudleytown's cursed reputation—no genealogical link to Edmund Dudley, no mysterious illnesses or deaths. As for Mary Cheney, he says she never set foot in Dudleytown.

An independent film about Dudleytown, called Dudleytown Curse - The 49th Key is currently in post-production. Unfortunately in December 2011, eight members of the cast and crew were arrested by Connecticut State Police for allegedly trespassing on private land that comprises Dudleytown.

Now The Dark Entry Forest Association owns the land, and entry is no longer permitted. There is a warning note from the Connecticut State Police: Those who go, or attempt to go to Dudleytown will be arrested for trespassing and/or parking. The fines start at $75.00 per person and rapidly increase.


Pic Source:
20:12 | 0 komentar

Jinn from Arab Who Has a Twitter Account

In June 2013, a twitter account named @s_2017_s has sparked an online frenzy because the owner of the account claim he is a real Jinn (genie) who lives in Saudi Arabia and want to befriend with humans. At that time his follower has boasting over 100,000 followers. He also upload pictures of his residence from 100 years ago. Some photos showed an old farm in Yemen which he claims was like heaven.

His twitter account is titled "I am a real Jinn” and says: To all humans… I am the first Jinn to use Twitter… some might think that I am pretending and that I am human… actually, I am a real Jinn and you will see wonders in the future on my Twitter account. I am a real Jinn who likes to be a brother to all humans. I am peaceful and do not like to hurt anyone. I like to mingle with humans and know their behavior. I live in a deserted house in Saudi Arabia.”

Screenshot of the Jinn's Twitter Account (@s_2017_s)

The Saudi Arabic language "Daily Ajel" which first publish this phenomena reported that there was a user tried to interact with the Jinn's account using a pseudonym but surprisingly, the Jinn's account quickly reveal the identity of the person who tried to deceive him. "He mentioned my real full name and where I live, including the name of the neighborhood and the city. I was shocked and instantly uttered prayers," said the anonymous user.

One of the pics show a farm in Yemen which he claim from 100 years ago.
(Courtesy: Daily Ajel via Emirates247)

Until Friday (19 July 2013), the account already has 183.034 followers and tweet 309 times, but he is not follow anyone account. However, now the Jinn's twitter account (@s_2017_s) has been suspended for unknown reason.

Twitter Account:


Pic Source:
18:00 | 1 komentar

Mystery of the Smoking Rock

In February 2013, Luo Yuanshui found a strange looking stone in the mountains of Shangyou, Southeast China. He claims that the head-shaped rock can inhale a cigarette in five minutes. When the first time he found it, his instinct was to place a cigarette in what looked like a mouth.

Naturally, cigarettes with variations for length and brand, take around six minutes to burn down if left unsmoked. But somehow his nicotine-loving rock puffs them even faster, said Mr. Luo.

This mysterious rock can smoke a cigarette in under five minutes

Mr Luo, from Fujian province, shows the 2.2kg (4.9lb) marvel to visitors, with an ashtray close by so it can indulge its vice. A lot of visitors -including a couple who appeared transfixed by the geological marvel- interested with its haggard appearance, because it certainly looks like a hardened smoker and until now mystery still surrounds the nicotine-addicted rock.

Fortean Times Magazine Vol. 303 July 2013: "Stoned Smokers";;

Pic Source:
Fortean Times Magazine Vol. 303 July 2013: "Stoned Smokers" page 12
20:07 | 0 komentar

Legend of Asmodeus

Asmodeus also known as Ashmedai or Asmodai is an “archdemon” who rules lechery, jealousy, anger, and revenge. He is one of the most prominent and evil of fallen angels which has wings, three heads (an ogre, a ram, and a bull), feet of a cock, rides on a dragon, and breathes fire. He also has 72 legions of demons under his command. According to Binsfeld's classification of demons, Asmodeus is referred to as one of the seven princes of Hell under Lucifer the emperor, each one of these princes represents one of the seven deadly sins (Lust, Gluttony, Greed, Sloth, Wrath, Envy, and Pride). Asmodeus is the demon of lust and his goals are to prevent intercourse between husband and wife, wreck new marriages, and force husbands to commit adultery. He also frequently blamed in cases of demonic possession.

Asmodeus has his roots in ancient Persian mythology, in which he is identified with Aeshma, one of seven archangels. The Jews absorbed him into their mythology, where he attained the highest status and most power of his legends. According to Jewish lore, he is the son of Naamah and Shamdon. He is part of the Seraphim, the highest order of angels, but fell from grace when Lucifer was cast from heaven.

Illustration of Asmodeus

According to the Testament of Solomon, Asmodeus lives in the constellation of the Great Bear (Ursa Major). He spreads the wickedness of men, plots against newlyweds, spreads madness about women through the stars, ruins the beauty of virgins, and commits murders. He is thwarted by Raphael and the smoking liver and gall of a fish, especially the sheatfish, which lives in Assyrian rivers. He has knowledge of the future.

Asmodeus is brought to the presence of King Solomon by the Prince of Demons, Beelzebub. He tells the king he was born of a human mother and an angel father. Solomon will have only a temporary hold over the demons; his kingdom eventually will be divided, and demons will go out again among men and will be worshiped as gods because humans will not know the names of the angels who thwart the demons. He also admits to hating water and birds because both remind him of God.

Solomon binds Asmodeus with care, puts him in chains, and surrounds him with jars full of water, which makes the demon complain bitterly. Asmodeus is forced to make clay vessels for the temple. Solomon also burns the liver and gall of a fish beneath the demon, which quells his nasty tongue.

A rabbinic tale relates how Asmodeus is captured by King Solomon and then steals his magical ring. In order to cut stone for his Temple of Jerusalem, Solomon requires a Shamir, a stone-cutting worm. Asmodeus knows where the worm is, for he comes to earth to watch debates in the house of learning and to take a drink of water from a stone-capped mountain well.

Solomon sends his chief man, Benaiah ben Jehoiadah, to the well with a chain engraved with the divine name, a ring engraved with the divine name, a bundle of wool, and a skein of wine. Benaiah drills a hole and drains the well and stuffs the hole with the wool. He fills the well with the wine. Asmodeus comes and drinks the wine and falls asleep. Benaiah chains him about the neck and traps him with the seal of the ring.

Asmodeus and other demons are forced to build Solomon’s temple. After completion of the temple, Solomon tells Asmodeus that he cannot understand why demons are so powerful when their leader could be so easily chained. Asmodeus says he will prove his greatness if Solomon will remove his chains and lend him the magical ring. Solomon does so, only to be hurled far away from Jerusalem. Asmodeus steals the ring, forces Solomon into exile, and becomes king himself. He throws the ring into the sea. But Solomon’s lover, the Ammonite Namah, finds the ring in a fish belly, and the king regains his power. He is immediately transported to Jerusalem when he puts on the ring. As punishment, he puts Asmodeus in a jar.

In the Greek text of Tobias, Asmodeus plagues a young woman named Sarah by killing her husbands on their wedding nights in the bridal chamber before the marriages can be consummated. God allowed the demon to slay these men because they entered marriage with unholy motives. Raphael instructs Tobias to take the liver, heart, and gall of a fish and burn them to make a foul incense that will drive away Asmodeus. Tobias is dubious, but Raphael assures him the trick will work, and Tobias will be able to claim Sarah as his wife. Tobias becomes betrothed to Sarah, and, on their wedding night, prepares the foul smoke to repel Asmodeus. The demon is driven out and flees to Egypt, where he is bound up by another angel.

Asmodeus appears in Christian demonology as one of Satan’s leading agents of provocation. Witches in the Middle Ages were said to worship him, and magicians and sorcerers attempted to conjure him to strike out at enemies. The medieval Grimoires of magical instruction sternly admonish anyone seeking an audience with Asmodeus to summon him bareheaded out of respect.

Some demonologists of the 16th century assigned a month to a demon and considered November to be the month in which Asmodeus's power was strongest. Other demonologists asserted that his zodiacal sign was Aquarius but only between the dates of January 30 and February 8. According to Johann Weyer, a 16th-century physician and demonologist, Asmodeus also ruled the gambling houses.

In 17th-century France, Asmodeus was one of the infernal agents blamed for the obscene sexual possession of a convent of nuns, during the height of the witch scare that ran through Europe. The incident occurred at a convent in Louviers in 1647, and involved 18 nuns who allegedly were possessed through the bewitchments of the nunnery’s director and the vicar of Louviers. According to confessions—most extracted under torture—the possessed nuns committed unspeakable sexual acts with the devil and demons; attended witches’ sabbats, where they ate babies; and uttered obscenities and spoke in tongues. The nuns were subject to public exorcisms. The vicar, Father Thomas Boulle, was burned alive. The body of the nunnery director, Mathurin Picard, who died before sentencing was passed, was exhumed and burned. A nun who broke the story to authorities, Sister Madeleine Bavent, was sentenced to the dungeon.

The Encyclopedia of Angels by Rosemary Ellen Guiley;;

Pic Source:
17:28 | 0 komentar

The Sky Serpent Sightings

The stories about Sky Serpents first appear in medieval sources. In earlier centuries, these things were called dragons, the subject of a part of international folklore, mythology, and even (sometimes) sighting reports. Some Sky Serpents look very much like ordinary snakes, except that they are huge and in the wrong place. Other Sky Serpents have some dragon features, including the ability to breathe fire or lightning. The first reported sighting, according to the Anglo-Saxon Chronicle, occured in A.D. 793: "These were exceptional flashes of lightning, and fiery dragons were seen flying in the air, and soon followed a great famine.” Nineteen years earlier, in 774, “red signs appeared in the sky after sunset, and horrid serpents were seen in Sudsexe, with great amazement,” wrote Henry, Archdeacon of Huntington, in Historia Anglorum.

In April 1388 a “flying dragon was seen . . . in many places,” according to the Knighton’s Continuator. On December 5, 1762, a “twisting serpent” lit up the sky as it slowly descended and vanished over Bideford,Devonshire, England. It was visible for six minutes.

Illustration of Sky Serpent

In the mid-1800s Nebraska settlers claimed to have witnessed comparably bizarre sights. Western historian Mari Sandoz noted, “Back in the hard times of 1857–58 there were stories of a flying serpent that hovered over a Missouri River steamboat slowing for a landing. In the late dusk it was like a great undulating serpent, in and out of the lowering clouds, breathing fire, it seemed, with lighted streaks along the sides.” A frontier folk ballad from the period refers to a “flyin’ engine/ Without no wing or wheel/ It came a-roarin’ in the sky/ With lights along the side/ And scales like a serpent’s hide.”

The reference to a “flyin’ engine” may suggest that the object was some sort of unearthly machine rather than a living creature, but other tales indicate otherwise. In June 1873 farmers near Bonham, Texas, sighted an “enormous serpent” in a cloud, the Bonham Enterprise asserted, and were — no surprise — “seriously frightened.” The account goes on:

"It seemed to be as large and as long as a telegraph pole, was of a yellow striped color, and seemed to float along without any effort. They could see it coil itself up, turn over, and thrust forward its huge head as if striking at something, displaying the maneuvers of a genuine snake. The cloud and serpent moved in an easterly direction, and were seen by persons a few miles this side of Honey Grove."

A few days later, in its July 6, 1873, edition, the New York Times declared this the “very worst case of delirium tremens on record.” It had nothing to say, however, about another manifestation, chronicled in a Kansas newspaper, the Fort Scott Monitor, a few days earlier, on June 27:

"A strange and remarkable phenomenon was observed at sunrise yesterday morning. . . When the disc of the sun was about halfway above the horizon, the form of a huge serpent, apparently perfect in form, was plainly seen encircling it and was visible for some moments."

In 1882 there was sightings of sky serpent reported on The Gridley Herald. The story were told by two lumberjacks called Thomas Camp and Joseph Howard. At 4 pm on 10 March 1882, they were startled by the sound of many wings flapping in the air when they were cutting wood five miles northeast of Hurleton, California. Looking up, they saw -not more than 40ft above the tree tops- a creature that looked something like a crocodile.

When Howard fired a shotgun round, the pellets rattled as if they had struck sheet iron. The creature itself uttered a “cry similar to that of a calf and bear combined but gave no sign of being inconvenienced or injured”. A “number of Chinamen” also allegedly saw the thing. The Herald concluded the account with a statement affirming that Campbell and Howard were“reliable men”who should be taken at their word.

Another sky-serpent story comes from a man who signed himself “R. B.” in a letter to the editor of the Frederick News, a Maryland paper, on November 29, 1883. At 6:30 one morning, he averred, he had been standing on a hilltop when he saw, over Catoctin Mountain, that a “monstrous dragon with glaring eye-balls, and mouth wide open displaying a tongue, which hung like a flame of fire from its jaws, reared and plunged.”

A short article from the New York Times which published on 27 May 1888 tells the story of three sisters in Darlington County, South Carolina, who while walking in the woods, spotted a hissing 15ft serpent sailing above the treetops. The creature was moving at the speed of a hawk or buzzard. The Times noted that other residents of the area had reported the same phenomenon earlier in the day, though it provided no details.

John B. Rosa recalled an 1897 Detroit experience in a 1961 letter to a city newspaper:

"Going down Grand River for my papers (the Morning Tribune), about 4 in the morning, the policeman I was with and I saw an object that looked to be about three feet in diameter. It was about 1,000 feet in the air and was heading east. It was a silvery color and had a tail about three blocks long.

It traveled like those big sea serpents you read about skimming over the top of the water. It made a low hissing noise that we could just hear. My dad,who was leaving our home for work, also saw it as it seemed to pass right over our house on Rivard between Leland and Alexandrine."

In F.W.Holiday's book "The Dragon and the Disc" (1973) contends that the ancients had it right: Nessies and their relatives (Sky Serpents) are dragons in the most literal, traditional sense; they are supernatural and evil. He goes on to link dragons with UFOs, which have a sort of symbiotic relationship (reflected in many ancient religions) with these creature sightings.

Unexplained: "Strange Sightings, Incredible Occurences & Puzzling Physical Phenomena" by Jerome Clark;;

Pic Source:
22:22 | 0 komentar

Black Shuck Sightings

Black Shuck are particularly common in the British Isles where it is also known as the Gyrtrash, Old Shock (in Suffolk), Old Shuck (in Norfolk), Shuck, Shucky dog. These phantom black dogs have terrorized England’s churchyards and crossroads for centuries. Its has size of a calf. Shaggy black dog with glowing eyes. Some eyewitnesses say it has only one eye. Usually appears before bad weather. Accompanied by the sound of chains, sometimes walks and growling behind people and then suddenly vanished.

On November 1945 John Harries was followed by a Black Shuck as he cycled from East Dereham, Norfolk, to the Royal Air Force (RAF) station at Swanton Morley. Whenever he stopped, the dog would stop, and it kept pace with him even at 20 miles per hour. When he got to the base, it vanished.

Illustration of Black Shuck

Researcher Theo Brown has divided the phantom black dog (Black Shuck) into three separate categories: 
  • a shape-shifting demon dog;
  • a large black dog about the size of a calf with dark shaggy fur;
  • a dog that manifests in association with particular ancient festivals in various parts of the country.
The Black Shuck's sightings is not just happening in the northern Europe, but also occurs in America. On January 14, 1971, a large, black dog received the blame when six hogs and three dogs were found slain, mutilated, and partially eaten at two farms a short distance east of Waterloo, Iowa.

The tracks found at the scene of the slaughter puzzled authorities. Some experts insisted that the prints were those of a large mountain lion that had somehow found its way to Iowa. Later three lawmen reported that they had sighted and trailed a large black dog that they believed had been responsible for killing the nine farm animals, but the savage animal had easily escaped the hunt. “He was an extraordinarily big dog, and pretty fast, too,” said Walt Berryhill, a La Porte City police dispatcher. “We saw him jump over fences.”

Then, just as suddenly as they had begun, the attacks of the Black Shuck ceased. After a month had gone by, the black large dog with the voracious appetite had ceased to sample any more plump Iowa livestock. Farmers in the Midwest often encounter unidentifiable footprints left by unknown animals that have mauled their livestock—then disappeared without a trace.

A California man who prefers to be identified only as John claims three encounters with Black Shuck. Each incident occurred at a time when his life was in jeopardy. One night in late December of 2002, John and his girlfriend were sitting in the living room of his home in a town, which he noted, was built over a Chumash Native American burial ground. The couple was watching TV when suddenly they both felt a strong urge to look at the front window. Staring back at them was a black dog with red, glowing eyes. It stood at least five feet tall on all fours, and John noticed that although its muzzle was right next to the glass, the window did not fog. The dog’s appearance was “ethereal,” said John, yet he and his girlfriend both saw it clearly.

John estimated that they gazed at it in shock for 15-20 seconds before he gathered his wits and jumped off the sofa to fling open the door. But there was no dog—or any other creature—in sight.

A few days after the dog’s appearance, John was almost killed in a car crash that wrecked his 1987 Caprice Classic station wagon. But it would take two other incidents before John began to connect the dog with dire moments in his life.

The next year, in 2003, John was put on a pain medication for a chronic medical condition. He suffered an adverse reaction to the drug, and was rushed to the emergency room by ambulance. On the way, he happened to look out the vehicle’s rear window and was stunned to see the same black dog staring at him with those glowing red eyes! As it turned out, he nearly died before doctors were able to treat the reaction.

Incredibly, the Black Shuck would make one more appearance. In 2004 John suffered yet another life-threatening reaction to medication for the same ailment, and this time, he was pronounced clinically dead for over two minutes. The last thing he saw before his heart stopped was the huge black hound, standing next to his hospital bed, its red eyes boring into John’s as he lost consciousness.

John was never sure whether the creature’s visits were intended to usher him into the next life, to warn him of danger, or if the dog simply came to observe like some type of spiritual vulture. In any case, he hopes never to see it again.

Mysteries, Legends and Unexplained Phenomena: "Mythical Creatures" by Linda S. Godfrey;
Mysterious Creatures: "A Guide to Cryptozoology" by George M. Eberhart;
Real Monsters, Gruesome Critters, and Beasts From the Darkside by Brad Steiger

Pic Source:
Real Monsters, Gruesome Critters, and Beasts From the Darkside by Brad Steiger page 46
18:47 | 0 komentar

Project Paperclip

Almost seventy years ago, shortly after the end of World War II, Allied intelligence agencies launched a concerted treasure hunt for German military and scientific inventions, including rocket and jet-engine technology. Both sides in the coming cold war benefited greatly by picking through the ruins of Adolf Hitler’s war machine, but the U.S. War Department’s Joint Intelligence Objectives Agency (JIOA) scored a particular triumph with a covert operation known as Project Paperclip, authorized by President Harry Truman in September 1945. Its aim was simple: "To exploit German scientists for American research and to deny these intellectual resources to the Soviet Union."

The range of Germany's technical achievement astounded Allied scientific intelligence experts accompanying the invading forces in 1945 such as: Supersonic rockets, nerve gas, jet aircraft, guided missiles, stealth technology and hardened armour were just some of the groundbreaking technologies developed in Nazi laboratories, workshops and factories.

Even though the JIOA's recruitment of German scientists began in Europe on 8 May 1945 after the Allied victory, President Harry Truman did not formally order the execution of Operation Paperclip until August 1945. President Truman’s original order specifically barred recruitment of anyone found “to have been a member of the Nazi party and more than a nominal participant in its activities, or an active supporter of Nazism or militarism”.

Those restrictions would have rendered ineligible most of the leading scientists the JIOA had identified for recruitment, among them rocket scientists Wernher von Braun, Kurt H. Debus and Arthur Rudolph, and the physician Hubertus Strughold, each earlier classified as a "menace to the security of the Allied Forces".

Samuel Klaus, the State Department’s JIOA representative, complained that many of the scientists enlisted were “ardent Nazis,” but JIOA Director Bosquet Wev overruled that protest, declaring that “the best interests of the United States have been subjugated to the efforts expended in ‘beating a dead Nazi horse.’” Furthermore, Wev cautioned, Soviet (Russia) posed a “far greater security threat to this country than any former Nazi affiliations which they may have had or even any Nazi sympathies that they may still have.”

Project Paperclip Team at Fort Bliss, Texas

Nazi's imported scientists under Project Paperclip included:

Arthur Rudolph, director of the Mittelwerk factory at Dora-Nordhausen concentration camp, where 20,000 slave laborers died. A National Socialist since 1931, Rudolph was described in Allied files as “100% Nazi, dangerous type, security threat. . . . Suggest internment.” The JIOA found “nothing in his records indicating that he was a war criminal or an ardent Nazi or otherwise objectionable.” Rudolph became a U.S. citizen, designed the rocket used in the Apollo Project moon landings—and fled to West Germany in 1984 when his record of war crimes was reopened.

Werner von Braun, Hitler’s technical director at the Peenemunde rocket research center from 1937 to 1945 and developer of the deadly V-2 rocket. He later worked on guided missiles for the U.S. Army, served as director of NASA’s Marshall Space Flight Center, and became a national celebrity in the 1960s as one of Walt Disney’s “World of Tomorrow” experts. In the 1970s he served as associate director of National Aeronautics and Space Administration (NASA).

Kurt Blome, another Nazi scientist who admitted experimenting on concentration-camp inmates with plague bacilli. Blome was acquitted of war crimes at Nuremberg in 1947 (although most observers accepted the fact of his guilt). Two months after that acquittal Blome was in Maryland, consulting with the U.S. military on germ warfare. The U.S. Army Chemical Corps hired him in 1951 to continue his life’s work and passion.

Walter Schreiber, a Nazi major general who, according to Nuremberg testimony, “assigned doctors to experiment on concentration camp prisoners and had made funds available for such experimentation.” Only Schreiber’s detention in Russia (1945–48) spared him from trial as a war criminal. He next surfaced at the Air Force School of Medicine at Randolph Field, Texas. Columnist Drew Pearson revealed Schreiber’s crimes in 1952, whereupon the U.S. government arranged passage for Schreiber to join his daughter in Argentina.

Hermann Becker-Freysing, convicted and sentenced to 20 years imprisonment at Nuremberg for conducting experiments on Dachau inmates, including force-feeding of seawater that was chemically treated to make it “drinkable.” Even before his trial Becker-Freysing was paid by the U.S. Air Force to report on his sadistic experiments.

Siegfried Ruff, a codefendant with Becker- Freysing at the Nuremberg “Doctor’s Trial,” where he narrowly escaped conviction on charges of killing 80 inmates in a low-pressure chamber designed to simulate altitudes above 60,000 feet. Like Becker-Freysing, Ruff was sought (and paid) by the U.S. Air Force in the interests of “national security.”

Reinhard Gehlen, while not a scientist, was one of the THIRD REICH’s top intelligence officers who were linked to the torture and murder of countless victims. The Central Intelligence Agency (CIA) recruited him in 1950 to coordinate its secret war against Communism in Europe.

Klaus Barbie, the Nazi “Butcher of Lyon” and another prized CIA intelligence asset, whose association with the U.S. intelligence service spared him trial and execution for war crimes.

By 1955 more than 760 German scientists were granted U.S. citizenship, their dossiers “sanitized” to remove any taint of active involvement with Hitler’s genocidal regime. A 1985 exposé in the Bulletin of Atomic Scientists revealed that author Linda Hunt had secured more than 130 files on Project Paperclip immigrants and that she found that everyone “had been changed to eliminate the security threat classification.”

Some conspiracy theories supporters maintain that the postwar scientific looting of Germany also included secrets concerning UFOs (anti-gravity technology) which remain classified to this day.

The Encyclopedia of Conspiracies and Conspiracy Theories by Michael Newton;;

Pic Source:
22:13 | 0 komentar

Unsolved Mystery of Atacama Skeleton

Ten years ago on 19 October 2003, Atacama Skeleton was found by a Chilean man called Oscar Munoz in La Noria, a ghost town in Chile’s Atacama Desert when he was looking for historical value objects. He said he found an odd-shaped objects near an abandoned church which apparently the skeletal remains of a tiny creature wrapped in cloth. The 15 cm (6 inch)-long “Atacama Humanoid” – nicknamed Ata – had a bulging head with a lump on top, hard teeth, dark, scaly skin, and nine ribs. Although initially thought to be older, the remains have been dated to the last few decades. Judging from the odd head shape, Ata may have also suffered from Oxycephaly. There are several hypotheses about what Ata is. It's odd rib count and huge head led some to think it was some kind of extraterrestrial creature. Others suggested it was a monkey or an aborted foetus.

Atacama Skeleton

After studying a DNA sample from bone marrow in one of the creature’s ribs, a group of scientists have concluded that Ata is an “interesting mutation” of a male human that had beaten the odds at birth and lived for between six and eight years.

Garry Nolan, the director of stem cell biology at Stanford University’s School of Medicine in California said, he absolutely sure that it's not a monkey. During the DNA analysis, the B2 haplotype group was found. Combined with the alleles from the mitochondrial DNA, it suggested that Ata is indigenous to the west of South America. It is closer to human than chimpanzees. How Ata survived is unknown.

“After six months of research by leading scientists at Stanford University, the Atacama Humanoid remains a profound mystery,” said Dr Steven Greer, founder of the Disclosure Project. The test results are included in a recent documentary called Sirius, which explores the subject of UFO and ET visitation, the disclosure of secret UFO files, and the investigation of advanced energy and alleged alien propulsion technologies.

Curiously, another tiny ‘humanoid’ had allegedly been found in Chile a year earlier, in October 2002.The discovery was made under some bushes in the southern town of Concepcion by a small boy called Julio Carreno.

Fortean Times Magazine Vol. 302 June 2013: "Chilean Humanoid (The 'Atacama alien' is a human, say scientists - if a very small one)";;

Pic Source:
Fortean Times Magazine Vol. 302 June 2013 page 7
19:09 | 0 komentar

Captain M'Quhae's Sea Serpent

On August 6, 1848, Captain Peter M’Quhae and officers of the HMS Daedalus saw a 60-foot serpentine animal in the South Atlantic between the Cape of Good Hope and the island of Saint Helena, on passage from the East Indies to England, about 300 miles off the coast of Namibia. At about 5:00 P.M. M'Quhae, Lieutenant Edgar Drummond, and William Barrett, sailing master, were pacing the quarterdeck when suddenly a seaman reported a strange object off the starboard beam. Apparently, the creature kept its head and short neck about 4 feet above the surface of the water. The animal moved at a steady speed in the water and was about 600 feet away at the closest point. The color was dark brown, with yellowish-white on the throat. A horselike mane or dorsal fin was visible on its back. They watched it for five minutes with the naked eye and fifteen more minutes through a spyglass. What they saw prompted the captain to exclaim, “This must be that animal called the sea-serpent.”

When Daedalus reached London, immediately Captain M’Quhae submitted a report about the description of the creature to Admiral Sir W. H. Gageto and to The Times. He also supervised a detailed drawing of the 60 feet-long creature that was visible for 20 minutes, as follows:

"It was discovered to be an enormous serpent, with head and shoulders kept about four feet constantly above the surface of the sea, and as nearly as we could approximate by comparing it with what our maintopsail-yard would show in the water, there was at least sixty foot of the animal a fleur d’eau [showing above the surface], no portion of which was, to our perception, used in propelling it through the water, either by vertical or horizontal undulation. It passed rapidly, but so close under our lee quarter that, had it been a man of my acquaintance, I should have easily recognized his features with the naked eye; and it did not, either in approaching the ship or after it had passed our wake, deviate in the slightest degree from its course to the southwest, which it held on at the pace of from twelve to fifteen miles per hour, apparently on some determined course.

The Sea Serpent observed by Captain Peter M’Quhae and the crew of HMS Daedalus on August 6, 1848 (two views). (From the Illustrated London News)

The diameter of the serpent was about fifteen or sixteen inches behind the head, which was, without any doubt, that of a snake; and it was never, during the twenty minutes that it continued in sight of our glasses, once below the surface of the water; its color, a dark brown, with yellowish white about the throat. It had no fins, but something like the mane of a horse, or rather a bunch of sea-weed, washed about its neck."

The objectivity characteristic of ships’ officers who are accustomed to describing and analyzing dispassionately what they see is obvious.

However, his story was rejected by palaeonto­logist Professor Richard Owen, who insisted the crew had seen a giant seal. Sceptics immediately suggested floating seaweed or a giant python or crocodile that had lost its bearings as explanations for the Daedalus sighting.

Seafaring, Lore and Legends: "A Miscellany of Maritime Myth, Superstition, Fable and Fact" by Peter D. Jeans;
Mysterious Creatures: "A Guide to Cryptozoology" by George M. Eberhart;

Pic Source:
Mysterious Creatures: "A Guide to Cryptozoology" by George M. Eberhart page 480
18:00 | 0 komentar

Recent Post

Recent Posts Widget


Popular Posts